Follow by Email

Thursday, February 2, 2012

History of Braddock Heights, Maryland

In the "good ole days" Braddock was a resort town. There were several items of interest to keep the people getting away for the summer to enjoy. A dance hall. Carousel house with hand carved horses. A ski lodge and what was to become the oldest skating rink in the USA until it was burned down. There was also a trolley that would bring people up the mountain from the towns of Frederick, Jefferson and Brunswick.


  1. It'd be cool to find some old postcard images of the resort to add to this post. I didn't know this about Braddock Heights
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)
    fairfax VA

    1. I have old postcards that I'm going to add.

  2. Welcome to the GeneaBloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories" and family saga novels:
    "Back to the Homeplace" and "The Homeplace Revisited"

  3. Welcome. I wonder where the Braddock name came from.

  4. Wish someone would rebuild a rink up there! I miss that old place.